We are thrilled to introduce one of the most compelling timepieces in our collection, the Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin Ref. 26660ST.OO.1356ST.02. An elegant fusion of technical mastery and aesthetic brilliance, this watch is a testament to impeccable craftsmanship and innovative design. With a petite yet powerful 37 mm diameter, it's a watch that doesn't just tell the time; it tells a story of relentless pursuit of perfection.
The Art of Precision in an Extra-Thin Package
The Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin is not merely a watch; it's a marvel of engineering. At its heart beats Caliber 2968, driving the first-ever self-winding flying tourbillon in a 37 mm diameter offered by the Manufacture. What makes this timepiece truly exceptional is how it combines an array of technical feats within an extra-thin stainless steel case, measuring only 8.1 mm in thickness. This watch proudly bears the mark of uncompromising craftsmanship, encapsulating superior technology in a slim and sleek design.
- Case: Crafted from stainless steel, the case features a glare-proofed sapphire crystal and caseback. This means you can admire the intricate workings of the watch without any annoying reflections.
- Size: With a diameter of 37 mm and a thickness of 8.1 mm, this watch is designed to be both comfortable and stylish. It's a perfect fit for both formal and casual occasions.
- Water Resistance: The timepiece can withstand water depths of up to 50 meters, making it ideal for light swimming and everyday use.
Bracelet and Dial That Enhances the Charm
The Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin is a testament to elegant design. Its plum dial, adorned with a "Petite Tapisserie" pattern, stands out as one of its most striking features. This intricate design, a hallmark of the Royal Oak collection, imparts sophistication to the timepiece. The white gold applied hour-markers and Royal Oak hands, coated with luminescent material, ensure visibility even in low-light conditions.
Enhancing the allure of the exquisite dial is a robust, yet elegant, stainless steel bracelet with an AP folding clasp. The bracelet, while durable, exudes an irresistible charm. The seamless integration of the bracelet with the case culminates in a harmonious design that is pleasing to the eye.
Embracing Elegance: Our Verdict
We are absolutely enamored with the Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin. It's a testament to how far watchmaking has come and how much further it can go. The meticulous attention to detail, the innovative design, and the technical prowess all come together to create a timepiece that is truly one-of-a-kind.
The plum dial with the "Petite Tapisserie" pattern is a visual treat, while the white gold applied hour markers and Royal Oak hands add a touch of sophistication. The stainless steel bracelet is both sturdy and stylish, and the AP folding clasp ensures a secure fit.
What impresses us the most is the technical marvel hidden within the slim case - the Caliber 2968. This selfwinding mechanism powers the first ever flying tourbillon in a 37 mm diameter, offering an impressive power reserve of 60 hours.
The Heart of the Timepiece: Caliber 2968
The Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin is powered by the in-house Caliber 2968, a symbol of horological innovation and technical prowess. This movement features a flying tourbillon, hours and minutes functions, and a power reserve of up to 60 hours.
- Flying Tourbillon: The flying tourbillon, a captivating visual spectacle, is also a testament to mechanical ingenuity. Unlike a traditional tourbillon, a flying tourbillon is mounted from underneath with no upper bridge, creating an impression of floating and offering an unobstructed view of the mechanism.
- Power Reserve: With a power reserve of 60 hours, this timepiece ensures that you'll never have to worry about it stopping unexpectedly. It's ready to keep up with your busy lifestyle.
- Frequency: The movement operates at a frequency of 3 Hz or 21,600 vibrations per hour (vph), ensuring precise timekeeping.
The Caliber 2968 is adorned with 30 jewels and measures 29.6 mm in diameter and just 3.4 mm in thickness. Despite its compact size, this movement doesn't compromise on performance or precision.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is special about the Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin watch? This particular model is the first ever selfwinding flying tourbillon in a 37 mm diameter by the Manufacture. It boasts a new plum "Petite Tapisserie" dial and an innovative escapement system.
- What material is the watch made of? The case and bracelet of the watch are crafted from stainless steel. The dial features a "Petite Tapisserie" pattern, white gold applied hour-markers, and luminescent Royal Oak hands.
- What is the power reserve of the Caliber 2968? The Caliber 2968, which powers the watch, has a power reserve of 60 hours.
- What type of dial does the watch have? The timepiece showcases a deep plum face adorned with a "Petite Tapisserie" design, luminescent Royal Oak hands, and hour-markers crafted from white gold.
- What is the size and thickness of this watch? The Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin has a diameter of 37 mm and a thickness of 8.1 mm.
- What functions does the Caliber 2968 offer? The Caliber 2968 powers the flying tourbillon, hours, and minutes functions of the watch.
Concluding Remarks on the Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin Watch
The Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin Ref. 26660ST.OO.1356ST.02 is more than just a timepiece; it's a work of art, a testament to our commitment to excellence and innovation. Combining meticulous craftsmanship, advanced technology, and elegant design, it captures the essence of what makes our watches truly special.
From its stainless steel case and bracelet to its plum "Petite Tapisserie" dial, every aspect of this watch exudes elegance and sophistication. Yet, beneath its stylish exterior lies a heart of technical brilliance—the Caliber 2968, powering the first-ever selfwinding flying tourbillon in a 37 mm diameter offered by the Manufacture.
Whether you're a seasoned watch enthusiast or new to the world of luxury timepieces, the Royal Oak Selfwinding Flying Tourbillon Extra-Thin offers an experience that transcends mere timekeeping. It's not just about telling the time—it's about celebrating the artistry and innovation that goes into creating a masterpiece.
Discover luxury at your fingertips with Timepiece Trading LLC in Miami, home to exquisite timepieces that define sophistication. Visit us today and let our experts guide you to a timepiece that tells more than just time.